Chief Creative Officer J. Walter Thompson, Italy
Chief Creative Officer since 2011. Appointed CEO from January 2014. Basically, I'm still the writer who loves to work 'hands-on' whenever I can sneak out of my official roles. I started my journey in Leo Burnett Milan, the agency which built my international backbone, by involving me in many multinational tasks around the globe: 20 years between Chicago, Dubai, Moscow, London and Milan.
Some highlights I'm proud to remember:
- A speech at the 2010 edition of the Wildfire Seminar in Cannes, called the 'Here and Now: Spontaneity in Modern Advertising' sponsored by Contagious Magazine.
- One Gold Lion, One Grand Clio plus a line of golds at every major shows for the Ariston Aqualtis washing machine tv spot 'Underwater world' (Gunn Report Best Spot 2007), aired in more than 24 countries.
Nominated “best commercial of the year” by different Ad Magazines and selected in the top 100 commercials of all time by Shots Magazine.
- Jury member in Cannes, Clio, Cristal, Art Director Club of NY.
- Jury president at the Eastern Europe Advertising Festival in Kiev, 2012.
- A cooking-stage at 'Il Pescatore', the world famous 3 star Michelin Guide restaurant in Manua: to this day, the most thrilling experience of all.